SFD things to remember
Paul W. Frields
stickster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 13:58:20 EDT 2008
From the Software Freedom Day web site:
Some guidelines to make SFD a positive celebration:
* DO present the capabilities and practical benefits of FOSS.
* DO NOT pretend that FOSS is perfect for everyone or everything.
* DO have the ability to present FOSS ideology clearly and
concisely to interested people.
* DO NOT beat uninterested people over the head with ideology;
this will confuse and intimidate them. Instead...
* DO let the quality of the software speak for itself and its
* DO have demo machines present if possible.
* DO your best to connect people with a local FOSS community.
* DO provide contact information for your SFD team so people can
subsequently contact you for more information.
* DO get contact information from interested and willing people,
so you can proactively follow-up with them later.
* DO proactively follow-up with people who attend your SFD event.
* DO find and cooperate with other SFD teams in your area.
* DO start other SFD teams in your area - this is cooperation, not
* DO NOT -- seriously -- DO NOT bash Microsoft or SCO or any other
false Great Satan. Software Freedom Day is not about any
individual companies or people; Software Freedom Day is a
positive community celebration of Software Freedom.
Paul W. Frields
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://calypso.tux.org/pipermail/fredlug/attachments/20080907/9a2d93e1/attachment.bin
More information about the Fredlug