[Ma-jobs] ERP Application Development Manager at Backcountry.com
greg at pryzby.org
Wed Mar 14 18:00:27 EDT 2007
Job Title: ERP Application Development Manager
Description: Backcountry.com is growing rapidly and
we are looking for an Application Development Manager
to lead our “Backside” Engineering team. The Backside
team is responsible for all development on our
company-wide, browser-based ERP. As Backside Manager,
successful candidates will lead a team of up to 10
engineers to develop all customer service management,
warehouse and supply chain management, merchandising,
and inventory management applications. This role
requires technical knowledge, project management,
team building, and strong communication and
coordination with both business clients (other
departments) and other engineering teams. As a new
management position within Backcountry.com, one of
the first responsibilities is to determine the
profile and initial goals of the team.
- Manage teams of engineers and architects who build
out all customer service management, warehouse and
supply chain management, merchandising, and inventory
- Work with Customer Service, Warehouse,
Merchandising, Finance, and Marketing departments to
determine timelines, best practices, and
differentiating feature sets
- Determine metrics and methodologies for success
within the Backside Engineering team
- Optimize the software development lifecycle for a
browser-based ERP with volumes growing at 70%
- Report to Software Development Manager all issues
with resources, timelines, and deliverables
- Continue the 3-year record of award-winning quality
and functionality of our websites
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- High technical competence, track record of
delivering websites with high complexity and quality
- Strong project management skills
- Able to mentor junior team members and provide
- Driven, creative, and results oriented
- Exposure to Open Source environments (Linux,
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
(but not extreme programming)
- Industry experience in testing large scale
enterprise software applications
- Proven track record in growing technical and
non-technical testing teams
- Website developer background
- Outdoor lifestyle: skiing, snowboarding, rock
- Applications from Utah or those willing to relocate
to Utah will be considered
- Position is based in our Park City corporate office
and may require occasional travel to Salt Lake City
- Salary based on experience
- Deep gear discounts, industry perks, and employee
- Telecommuting will not happen
How To Apply
Please email your resume and answers to the following
questions to engineeringjobs at backcountry.com with
“Backside Development Manager” in the subject line.
Please inlcude your answers in the body of the email.
1.Where are the greatest efficiencies in an ERP?
2.Where are the pitfalls?
3.What performance metrics would you track as
Backside Development Manager? Why?
4.Please describe your leadership style
5.Why do you want to work for Backcountry.com?
6.What are your salary expectations?
Check out www.backcountry.com for additional
information about us and what we do. Backcountry.com
also operates Steepandcheap.com, Tramdock.com,
Explore64.com and Dogfunk.com.
We Use the Gear We Sell
greg pryzby greg at pryzby dot org
fingerprint: 8A1A DB90 869F 5DD1 D6E9 EEB6 C156 6B04 849F A86F
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://calypso.tux.org/pipermail/ma-jobs/attachments/20070314/34ef8a1b/attachment.bin
More information about the Ma-jobs