[Ma-jobs] Admin position
majobsml at jgcomp.com
Tue Sep 20 01:43:58 EDT 2011
My brother-in-law's firm has an immediate need for
a System Admin. The description follows. Let me
know if interested and I'll put you in touch with them.
SYSTEMS INFORMATION MANAGER
Schafer TMD has an immediate need for a Systems Information Manager to
actively manage its classified and unclassified Local Area Networks (LANs)
supporting approximately 120 personnel located in Arlington, VA.
The responsibilities for both classified and unclassified networks include,
but are limited to:
- Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more
TCP/IP/non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more
UNIX-based/non-UNIX based operating systems.
- Installation, setup, and monitoring of the LANs, to include
performance of a variety of maintenance, evaluation,
installation, and training tasks to ensure LAN performance
meets company and user requirements.
- Procurement of computers, network hardware, peripheral
equipment, and software.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify
and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
Anticipate communication and networking problems and
implement preventive measures.
- Install, configure, and maintain a variety and combination
of personal computers, networks, workstations, file servers,
cabling, and other types of hardware.
- Maintain site licenses for department/organization as
well as perform maintenance programs following company
and vendor standards.
- Plan and implement network security, including building
firewalls, managing host security, file permissions, backup
and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity,
and adding and deleting users.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on
operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being
processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Provide IT support to meetings and conferences-both unclassified
and classified-to include setting up A/V equipment and laptops.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the overall system
security procedures, instructions, operating plans, and guidance.
- Participate in the development or revision of system-specific
security safeguards and local operating procedures.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security
- Bachelors degree or higher in an equivalent field (IT Management,
Network Management, etc.)
- 5+ years experience working in a related field
- Security+ certification
- Working knowledge of a wide range of computer networking systems
and current languages as well computing and network hardware and
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to provide technical training to end users and to learn
and support new systems and applications.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Previous management experience
- CISSP, MCSE, SSCP certifications
- Knowledge of STE and VOIP phone systems
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac laptops, iPADs, other peripherals
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical
Jon H. LaBadie majobsml at jgcomp.org
11226 South Shore Rd (703) 787-0688 (H)
Reston, VA 20190 (609) 477-8330 (C)
More information about the Ma-jobs