[Novalug] [Hardware] How do you connect a video source to a typical desktop box
franklin at elfie.org
Thu Oct 1 21:02:39 EDT 2009
On Oct 1, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:
> Alternatively will a tv tuner card inside the computer be the best
> I have looked at some articles at Ubuntu lists and at other articles I
> have googled but their posting dates are often 4 or 5 years ago.
There was a lot of hype a while back (read: years ago) for the HD5500
from http://pchdtv.com/. It's built specifically for Linux, handles
both SD and HD signals, and has a coax input for Cable & OTA sources,
plus an SVideo + 1/8" stereo jack for direct connects.
Reasons to be wary:
* I've never used it, I can't vouch for the quality
* The web site hasn't changed much in years. (price only, near as I
* It's PCI, not PCIe, limits its lifespan.
Reasons to check it out:
* At $100, it's inexpensive compared to other solutions.
* Minimal system requirements.
* Good basis for a Myth box.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3914 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://calypso.tux.org/pipermail/novalug/attachments/20091001/e6ca28cf/attachment.bin
More information about the Novalug