[Novalug] script question
edjames at greenbelt.com
Wed Mar 24 13:57:17 EDT 2010
(0) If it's called "test.pl", chmod 0777 test.pl and launch with
./test.pl <some mail url goes here>
(1) PERL will open up a terminal window - I had to substitute "xterm"
for "Terminal" on my machine.
(2) ARGV will be the <some mail url> being passed to the email
program by the PERL script.
(3) alpine is the email client - I had to substitute "evolution" for
"alpine" on my machine.
(4) $command is what you would type in a termnal window if you did this
whole thing manually.
(5) system() does (4) for you.
NOTE: This didn't quite work on my system since evolution doesn't
have -url as an option, and I don't have pine/alpine on my boxen.
Quoting Beartooth <beartooth at Beartooth.Info>:
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
> use strict;
> my $url_from_pan = $ARGV;
> my $command = "Terminal -e 'alpine -url " . $url_from_pan . "'";
> Can anybody tell from that what it is or does?
More information about the Novalug