[Novalug] Saturday (14 April) Derezzed by Michael Hans
greg at pryzby.org
Mon Apr 9 20:58:06 EDT 2012
Derezzed by Michael Hans
Submitted by gjp on Mon, 2012-03-26 17:03
SPEAKER: Michael Hans
DATE: 14 April 2012
TIME: 10 a.m.
LOCATION: Palantir 1660 International Drive, 8th floor, McLean, VA
Derezzed is a Django library used for determining users through
browser fingerprint uniqueness. Michael will be discussing :
* How browser fingerprinting works?
* Different types of client gathering payloads.
* Unique associations to users. (anonymous user pattern, probability of user)
* How can we avoid this? (JS blocking/AdBlock isn't the answer)
* The Code! (available before the presentation in github)
It is based of the EFF Panopticlick research project.
greg pryzby greg at pryzby dot org
More information about the Novalug